Support Steps and Policy
Suggested Support Steps
To quickly find the answer you are looking for, we suggest these steps:
- For context-sensitive help within a RED Calc tool, click on any input or result label. A Popup Help dialogue will appear that is likely to answer your question.
- Search the RED website with the search box at the top of any page. We have built our website with a robust and thorough search engine with the knowledge of your preference for self-help.
- Browse the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- If your question is about RED Calc Pro use, please refer to Troubleshooting the RED Calc Pro Web App.
- Look through the RED Video Tutorials.
- If you have not been able to find the answer to your question with any of the self-help support steps above, please submit your question to us through the RED Support Desk. We will respond as soon as we can, usually within 24 hours.
Support Policy and Scope
Our support mission is help our customers make the best use of our software products, RED Calc Free and RED Calc Pro, through a broad and flexible range of self-help resources and effective and responsive direct support.
We provide a number of support features, including Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), video tutorials, and a support desk. We will add additional support features in the future if we determine they are needed.
We provide support for all the products we offer. The most important support we offer is for RED Calc Free and RED Calc Pro tools. We design our tools, user guides, popup help text, tools tips, and video tutorials to make our tools understandable and easy to use. We will continue to do our best to provide answers to your questions as part of our tools, FAQ, and other self-service support. The table below will give you a quick idea of the scope of our support structure.
|Support Type||Support We Provide|
|RED Calc Free tool-use questions, including functionality and features||We are happy to help|
|RED Calc Pro tool-use questions, including functionality and features||We are happy to help|
|Questions about standards our tools are based on||We will help the best we can, but might not be able to resolve your question. We are quite good answering questions about ASHRAE 62.2.|
|Questions about setting up a test, such as Zone Pressure Diagnostics||We will do the best we can to help|
|RED Calc Free or RED Calc Pro bug fixes||We will fix ASAP, please let us know|
|Questions about calculation aids and spreadsheets made by others||Sorry, we cannot help|
|Requests for new RED tools||Please contact us with your ideas for new tools. We will do the best we can to provide useful new tools.|
|Suggestions for improvements to tools and other content||Please contact us with your ideas. We will do our best to make useful improvements|
The World of Building Science
We do our best to make your work more accurate, faster, and easier. If you think we can improve anything, please let us know. Thank you.