Team Subscriptions for RED Calc Pro
Advantages of Team Subscriptions
Subscriptions for RED Calc Pro may be purchased on an Individual or Team basis. Both are available for a monthly or yearly, auto-renewable period. For organizations, either public or private, we offer Team Subscriptions to centralize and simplify the subscription process.
Advantages of Team subscriptions for organizations include:
- Reduced subscription price per subscription (seat).
- Seats (subscriptions) may be assigned to others if a team member transfers to another department.
- Centralized payment for RED Calc Pro subscriptions.
- Team Owner/Manager has greater control over seat holders.
- Seats may be added or deleted at any time.
- Team Owner may chose to be a member of their team, or not.
|Invite users||Yes, may add managers and members||Yes, may add members||No|
|Remove users||Yes, may remove managers and members||May remove members||No|
Definition of Terms:
- Owner — Manages billing, may add and remove team managers and members. May chose to occupy a team seat or not.
- Manager — May add and remove team members. Always occupies a team seat.
- Member — Has no ownership or management privileges. Always occupies a team seat.
- User — A manager or member. An owner is a user if they occupy a team seat.
- Seat — A “space” or “place” (subscription) purchased by the owner of a team. A user occupying a seat has privileges to use RED Calc Pro as long as the team subscription is valid.
Purchasing a team subscription for RED Calc Pro is similar to purchasing an individual subscription, but with a few differences.
- The person purchasing the team must be the owner, in other words, the person who will be responsible for the billing.
- The owner must enter a team name upon purchase. This name may be changed later by the owner.
- You, as the owner, must decide if you wish to take up — occupy — a seat or not. If you do not, you will not have access to the RED Calc Pro web application. If you decide to take up a seat, which makes you a team member also, you will have access to RED Calc Pro. You can decide to occupy a seat at any time. You will find a “Take up a seat” checkbox on the purchase form.
- The owner must decide the number of seats to purchase for the per-member-priced team. The minimum number of seats that may be purchased is two. There is no set maximum number. The number of seats may be increased or decreased later.
5. The owner will receive a confirmation for the team purchase by email.
When you purchase a subscription to RED Calc Pro, either an individual or team, you will be registering for an account that will allow you to log in. As a registered subscriber or team owner, when you log in you will see the My Account dashboard, which includes the details of your account with RED. On the dashboard, you may do many things, including changing your payment method, address, and password. This is also where the team owner and/or manager will manage your team’s seats and other details of your team subscription. Additionally, this is where you Launch RED Calc Pro.
In order to find the “Teams” pages, login and go to My Account. When you get to My Account you will be at the account dashboard. Select “Teams” to manage your team. This allows you to add and delete team members, increase or decrease the number of purchases seats, and designate or dismiss managers.
Owners or managers may add members to their team by logging in at the RED website and going to My Account > Teams > Add Member. From this page, the owner or manager of the team can add users to the team in two ways:
- Registration Link: Anyone that clicks this link can register for the team. The owner or manager can regenerate the link to deactivate the previous link. This method is quick and easy, but less secure than the method below.
- Add Member: The owner or manager can enter the user’s email and role to add members to the team individually. This method is secure but requires more work.
The Add Member email received by the invited seat holder looks similar to the one below, but with the team name chosen by the team owner.
The owner or manager can view pending invitations by going to My Account > Teams > Members > “Pending invitations”. From this page, the owner or manager can resend the invitation, cancel the invitation, or change the new user’s role.
Once a user is invited to a team or selects the Registration Link, they can register for an account (if they haven’t already done so) and join the team. The process varies for new users and existing users, but everyone must have an account before they can join the team.
When a member joins a team, they can access all the benefits and content associated with the team’s membership plan. Members can view the membership perks from the member area, under My Account > My Membership. From the members’ perspective, the only difference between an individual membership and team member is that the team member has no control over billing or renewals—that’s all managed by the team owner.
Removing a Member from a Team
Owners and managers may remove members. They can do so by going to My Account > Teams and selecting the Remove button. The removed member will no longer be able to access RED Calc Pro. An owner or manager can also change the role assigned to users from this page. If a team member is removed, the seat occupied by the member is not automatically removed.
If an owner/manager reduces the number of seats, there is no refund. However, the removed seat will no longer be included as part of the subscription renewal process at the end of the subscription period, whether that period a month or a year.
The Add Member screen can be accessed from the Member screen.
Members can also choose to leave the team by going to My Account > Memberships > Manage > Leave Team, but they will lose access to RED Calc Pro.
Adding Seats to a Team
After a team is purchased, the team owner may want to adjust the number of seats on the active team. Team owners can add seats to teams with these steps:
- Go to My Account > Teams > Team Settings.
- Click the “Change Seats” button in the “Actions” row.
- Enter the number of seats you want to add to or subtract from your per-member-priced team.
- Click Submit.
The team owner will be directed to a checkout page to pay for the new seat(s). For per-member-priced teams, the owner will be charged according to the team per-member price for RED Calc Pro.
If the team membership expires, the team owner can renew the membership subscription by going to My Account > Teams > Team Settings and selecting “Renew”. The team owner will then go through a checkout process to renew the membership.
- Yes, when you purchase your team seats (subscriptions), you will be asked if you wish to take up a seat or not. At this time you can check the corresponding checkbox to take up a seat. If you do not wish to take up a seat, do not check this box. You can then assign the seat to someone else.
- Yes – team owners can change the name of their team from .
- Yes, you may. When you purchase a team subscription, you sign up for a certain number of seats. For any reason, you may remove someone from your team and replace them with someone else. You do this by logging in to your account and navigating to Teams on your My Account dashboard. See the screenshot below of a team owner/manager dashboard with Teams highlighted. After clicking on the Teams option, you will see a new page with a choice for Members. Navigate to Members where you have the option of removing a team member. After removing a member, navigate to the Add Member page. Here you can add a team member by Registration Link or an Email Invitation.
- You may increase the number of seats included in your subscription at any time. Login to your account and go to Teams on your My Account dashboard. See the screenshot below of a team owner/manager dashboard with Teams highlighted.
- No – individual team members won’t get their own renewal or expiration emails because they can’t act upon them. The team owner alone is responsible for managing billing and renewals, so they will receive all renewal and expiration emails.
- For teams, changes in the subscription status are inherited by all members of the team. If the subscription is paused, all team memberships are paused. If the subscription is canceled, all team memberships are canceled as well.
- Yes, you can absorb existing individual RED Calc Pro subscriptions into your new or existing team subscription. Contact RED for assistance with these account transfers.